- Swaziland has 70 percent national coverage of electricity (2012/13).
- Installed capacity for power generation is 69.6MW.
- Domestic energy sources are mainly hydro-power plants.
- Swaziland is looking towards other sustainable energy sources.
|Domestic power generation||346.6|
|Complementary power generation||44.4|
|Domestic electricity consumption||11.5% increase|
- Swaziland is a member of the Southern Africa Power Pool
- There is availability of other resources such as bagasse, solar, and waste material for alternative energy generation.
- 143.5 million tonnes of minable coal deposits for thermal power generation
- Swaziland Electricity Company (generation, transmission and distribution)
- Ubombo Sugar (co-generation)
Support and Regulatory Bodies
- Swaziland Energy Regulatory Authority
- Swaziland Environment Authority
- Ministry of Natural Resources and Energy
- Minerals Management Board
Ministry of Natural Resources and Energy
Swaziland Energy Regulatory AuthorityTel: +268 24042103, 24041439, 24048425, 24042021
Fax: +268 24048474
Swaziland Electricity Company
Tel: +268 2409 4000
Ubombo Sugar Limited
P O Box 23,