Procedures for starting a business in Swaziland
Register a company in three simple steps!!!
The gazetted period for company registration in Swaziland is three (3) working days (on condition that all required documents are available)
1. Reserve the Name of the Company online and get the Reservation Number (RT) (Company Registration)
2. i) Download Standard Memorandum and Articles of Association and fill the objects of the company (three copies required) and sign and
ii) Fill one (1) Declaration of Compliance and two (2) Collation Certificates
3. Provide Required Documents and pay statutory fee (E645) and stamp fees (3x E2 Stamps & 2 X E1 Stamps)
Collect your Company Registration Certificate from the Registrar of Companies's Office
The Registrar of Companies
Justice building 3rd floor
Phone: (+268) 2404 2372
Fax: (+268) 2404 4711
Get your trading license simpler and quicker
The trading License is linked to premises where operations will be undertaken and is often applied for after a lease agreement has been obtained except for exempt business such as Mining which have a special license.
- Download and fill Trading License Application Form
- Upon obtaining a lease agreement for premises to operate in or acquiring a title deed for property, inform health inspectors to inspect for Occupational Safety and Health and issue a report within 48 Hrs.
- Provide Required Documents for obtaining a Trading License and pay Newspaper Advertising Fee (E50) for local circulation .
Collect your Trading License at the Licensing Department of the Ministry of Commerce Industry and Trade
The Chief Licensing Officer
Mhlambanyatsi Road, Interministerial Building
Ministry of Commerce Industry and Trade
P.O.Box 451, Mbabane
Tel: (+268) 2404 3201/6
Fax: (+268) 2404 4711
Obtaining a Work Permit in Swaziland
SIPA facilitates 5 year work permits for company Directors and 2 year work permits for employees. Investors are required to submit the following documents:
- Application Letter from Company, submitted to the “Chief Immigration Officer, Ministry of Home Affairs, P O Box 372, Mbabane”. SIPA will facilitate the application to the Immigration Department.
- Application Form. The work permit application form can be obtained from SIPA or from the Immigration Department.
- Medical Certificate. A copy of the medical certificate can be obtained from SIPA or from the Immigration Department.
- Police Clearance. An original copy has to be obtained from the country of birth and it must be less than six months old. If the Police Clearance is not available, the Immigration Department can only grant a maximum 6 months permit. After the six month period, the permit can be extended for a period of up to 24 months on submission of a Police Clearance from country of birth which must not be more than six months old.
- Two colored passport sized photos.
- Certified copy of passport.
- Form J. All companies must pay SZL70 at a Government Revenue Office to obtain a copy from the Registrar of Companies (Ministry of Justice, 3rd Floor).
- Form C. Existing companies must pay SZL20 at a Government Revenue Office to obtain a copy from the Registrar of Companies.
- Certificate of Incorporation. All companies must pay SZL75 at a Government Revenue Office to obtain an original certified copy from the Registrar of Companies.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association. If a company has a copy, SZL20 (If not SZL100) must be paid at a Government Revenue Office to obtain a copy from the Registrar of Companies.
- Lease Agreement.
Work Permit Fee Structure (Payable on approval)
Specific Sector Procedures
- Procedures for obtaining a Mining License
- Procedures for application and handling of applications for mining activities (PDF, 60 KB)
- Application for Licence to Generate Electricity (Electricity Act No 3 of 2007) (PDF, 176 KB)
- Application for Licence to Import Electricity In Terms (Electricity Act No 3 of 2007) (PDF, 23 KB)
- Application for Licence to Export Electricity (Electricity Act No 3 of 2007) (PDF, 24 KB)
- Application for Licence to Distribute Electricity (Electricity Act No 3 of 2007) (PDF, 210 KB)
- Application for Licence to Transmit Electricity (Electricity Act No 3 of 2007) (PDF, 54 KB)
- Swaziland Licence Fees Electricity Act (PDF, 168 KB)
- SEA procedures (PDF, 168 KB)
|3 Months Single Entry||80|
|3 Months Multiple Entry||300|
|6 Months Multiple Entry||700|
|9 Months Multiple Entry||1,000|
|12 Months Multiple Entry||1,300|
- Application Letter from Company
The company must, on the official company letterhead, write an application letter addressed to the “Chief Immigration Officer, Ministry of Home Affairs, P.O. Box 372, Mbabane” detailing the purpose of the visit, entry point, date of entry, and the duration of the stay. SIPA will write a supporting letter to the Immigration Department motivating the application.
- Visa Application Form
The application form can be obtained from SIPA or from the Immigration Department.
- Applicant’s Passport
The applicant’s passport must be submitted to SIPA to forward to the Immigration Department for stamping.